Waves Ahead Corp, was organized and incorporated by Grissel Bonilla and Wilfred Labiosa during June 2017. It was registered during August 2017 as a not-for-profit organization in Puerto Rico and in
- Support in the development and formation of stronger segments of our community, among them, LGBT, seniors, homeless, and others; in order for them to transform their quality of living.
- Promote an inclusive public policy for all.
- Providing the skills necessary in order to empower them as individuals, families, and community-as-a-whole.
- Apoyar el desarrollo y formación para el fortalecimiento de comunidades, entre ellas LGBT, adultos mayores, entre otro/as, que ayuden a reforzar una transformación de calidad de vida.
- Promover una política publica inclusiva para todas las comunidades.
- Mejorar su apoderamiento transformando su calidad de vida, personal, familiar y comunitaria.
Wilfred W. Labiosa, Executive Director, received his Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology from Northeastern University, a master’s certificate in non-profit management from Suffolk University, and completed his internship in the Department of Psychiatry of Children’s Hospital, Boston. His bachelor’s is in Psychology and Latin American Studies from Boston University. He has held numerous executive positions in nonprofit organizations and has been working in the public health field for over 25 years with marginalized communities focusing in Latinos, HIV/AIDS prevention and interventions, mental health, LGBTTQ community, and those in recovery from substance abuse or alcohol. Wilfred@wavesahead.org
*(registration number: 399869; Employer Identification number: 66-0886812; our 501c3 registration number: 26053734001417).